Seven things men and women should avoid when getting intimate:
1. Using words like "baby" too much: using a pet name once or twice is fine, but if you say it too much, it seems like you are acting.
2. Being too commanding: you should let the other person know what you want, but you do not want to come across like a drill sergeant -- unless that is what they want.
3. Grabbing body parts they are insecure about: maybe it is your love handles or backside, but insecurity is not sexy.
4. Leaving your socks on: it seems like you are in such a hurry you are not even willing to undress.
5. Making the other person do all the work: for instance, they are on top 90% of the time, and you just lay there.
6. Skipping foreplay: guys are the most guilty of this, but it is extremely important for most women.
7. Trying to last as long as possible: some guys think that the longer the better, but for women, one expert compared it to being massaged in the same spot over and over again.
Photo credit: Shutterstock