Is there one thing you wish your coworkers would stop doing because it drives you crazy?
A new survey asked people for the rudest things people do on the job. Here are the top five responses:
1. Using your speakerphone - 36% of respondents said it is the thing they wish their coworkers would stop doing immediately. The only time it is OK? If is is done in an office alone.
2. Loitering - in other words, hanging out and having lengthy, personal conversations while someone is working. Even if you are not talking to them, it is distracting if they are within hearing distance.
3. Eating food with a strong smell - Indian food, anything with garlic, or even just a tuna sandwich. You can still have those things for lunch, but eat away from your desk.
4. A messy desk - this is especially a problem if you share a desk with someone or is right next to another work space.
5. Setting your phone's ringer too high - everyone has to hear it, even though the phone is right next to you and could be much quieter.