A 50-year-old unemployed man died after he did not seek medical attention for a sex toy that was lodged inside his body.

Nigel Willis was reportedly too embarrassed to go see a doctor but in too much pain to even leave the couch.

Five days later, a friend finally convinced him to seek treatment.

By the time Willis arrived at the hospital, he had already gone into septic shock, and while doctors were able to remove the adult toy, it was too late.

Doctors said they would have been able to save him if he had immediately sought medical attention.

Read more: Daily Mail

Photo credit: Shutterstock