Here are five new statistics on women and their self-pleasuring habits:
- Women hit their self-touching peak in their late 20s. That is the only age group where more than half of women said they have had their way with themselves in the past month.
- Around one in five women get it on with themselves at least a few times per month. About 4% of women do it daily or almost daily.
- The most-common reason women self-pleasure is they are just in the mood. Thirty-two percent do it to cope with stress, and 20% do it to help fall asleep.
- One in eight women touch themselves during sex.
- The longer a woman has been in a relationship, the less likely she is to do it frequently.