The characters on "Seinfeld" always seemed to find ridiculous, nit-picky reasons to break up with boyfriends and girlfriends.
It happens plenty in real life too.
A new survey found the dumbest reasons men and women have broken up with their significant others.
Here are the ten dumbest excuses guys have used:
- "You have too many sex toys, which is intimidating."
- "You ignored all my requests to leave the toilet seat up."
- "Your grandmother keeps giving me the eye, and it creeps me out."
- "I had to play football in a dirty uniform because you didn't wash it in time."
- "My friends keep telling me you're not attractive, and I can't take it."
- "You claimed to be a fan of Dostoyevsky but couldn't name Raskolnikov's sister in 'Crime & Punishment,' so I think you're a fraud."
- "You said you'd seen Blink-182 here, but they've never played here, which means you aren't trustworthy."
- "You beat me at Xbox all the time, and I can't take it."
- "Your cooking isn't as good as my mom's."
- "You wouldn't pick me up after a night out, so I had to pay for a taxi."
Here are the ten dumbest excuses women have used:
- "The way you pronounce words bothers me."
- "I don't like your aftershave."
- "You never flush the toilet."
- "You don't cut your fingernails often enough."
- "Your breathing is too heavy."
- "I don't like the newspaper you read."
- "You're too close to your mother."
- "Our TV shows aren't compatible."
- "You're too clean and shower twice a day."
- "You won't put on the heat when it's cold, but tell me to wear a sweater."