The State Fair of Texas released the delicious -top 10 finalists for the Big Tex Choice Award early Wednesday morning.
Awards for "Best Taste – Sweet," "Best Taste – Savory," and "Most Creative" will be handed out Aug, 25 by celebrity judges before the gates open at the fair.
This year's finalists are:
- Calypso Island Shrimp Bowl by Stephen Alade (SAVORY)
- Big Red Chicken Bread by Brent & Juan Reaves (SWEET)
- Fernie’s Fried Burnt End Burrito by Winter Family Concessions (SAVORY)
- Fla’Mango Tango by The Garza Family (SWEET)
- Ruth’s Stuffed Fried Mexi-Cone by Ruth Hauntz (SAVORY)
- Deep Fried Bayou Fruit Bites by Terrence & Lisa Henderson (SWEET)
- Southern Fried Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Ball by Greg Parish (SAVORY)
- Peanut Butter Cup Snookie by Michelle Edwards (SWEET)
- Texas Cream Corn Casserole Fritters by Clint Probst (SAVORY)
- Quick Fried “Black Gold” Truffles by Glen & Sherri Kusak (SWEET)