THE grossest food my parents thought was normal.....and they made me think it was normal, was raw hamburger.
My Dad used to eat a ball of raw hamburger on top of a Ritz cracker with a scoop of Miracle whip Mayonaise, and topped with garlic salt. UGGGGGHHHHHHHH. I remember he gave me that when i was little....no wonder he died of heart problems. Its really stunning what parents convince their kids is normal... Here are some good ones i've heard about... . .
1. Cold peas, mayonnaise, and sugar mixed together as a side dish at dinner.
2. Mac-and-cheese with peas and tuna mixed in was their mom's go-to lunch. And now they make it for their own kid all the time.
3. Someone's parents would put leftover pot roast in a food processor, mix it with Miracle Whip and relish, and eat it on bread. They called it "Beef Salad."
4. A woman's grandmother used to make "Applesauce Jell-O." Just red Jell-O and applesauce together, and she'd mix in Red Hot candies.
5. Peanut butter and bacon on toast, topped with gravy.
6. Cold spaghetti, lettuce, chicken croutons, and cheese, all topped with French dressing. That one was called "President's Salad."
7. A woman's grandmother made something called "Damn If I Know Soup." The recipe always changed, because she only made it when she had to clean out her fridge.
8. Potato chips, chicken soup, and tuna . . . all stacked up like lasagna. They called it "Mock Chicken."