April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month! So our friends at the National Safety Council put together a few of stats about it:
- 35% of teenagers browse social media while driving, or say they will once they get their license. 17% say they've already caused to a wreck because they got distracted.
- 45% of us feel the need to check our work email while we're driving.
- 71% of us say you can have up to three drinks and still drive... if it's three drinks over the course of three hours, not three drinks in ONE hour. Also, 13% of people admitted to driving after smoking weed in the last month.
- 33% of us think it's fine to drive on less than four hours of sleep, but several studies have shown it can be as dangerous as driving drunk.
- About two-thirds of us have felt unsafe because someone else got distracted behind the wheel. But only 25% of us think our OWN distracted driving puts people at risk.
From PRNewswire.com - Top Things Drivers are Doing That Threaten Traffic Safety