It's Cinco de Mayo! What better way to celebrate than by talking about TEQUILA! Here are five facts you may not have known...
- The United States consume twice as much tequila as Mexico, where it originated
- On a typical day, margaritas account for about 23% of all cocktail sales in bars and restaurants... but on Cinco de Mayo, more than 47% of cocktails sold are margaritas
- Tequila is made from a plant called agave, not cacti. In fact, agave plants are more closely related to LILIES than a cactus
- Despite what you've heard, worms AREN'T found in bottles of tequila. They're in mezcals, which is a liquor that's also made from the agave plant
- The famous Champs song "Tequila" had a sequel. It was called "Too Much Tequila", and it reached #30 on the Billboard Hot 100
Here's more about how tequila is made from HuffingtonPost.com - So THAT’S Where Tequila Comes From