According to the website Eat This Not That, instant oatmeal is actually one of the WORST breakfasts if you're trying to lose weight, because of all the sugar and salt. And it's more processed, so you don't get as much fiber.
Here are six more...
1. Sugary cereal. Even the ones that look healthy can have a lot of sugar. Like a bowl of Cracklin' Oat Bran has 15 grams of sugar, compared to 11 grams in Frosted Flakes.
2. Waffles with syrup. It's basically sugar on sugar with almost no fiber. The fat in the butter actually slows down the absorption of sugar in your body. But obviously butter isn't a health food either.
3. Orange juice. Most brands are processed at a really high temperature, which kills a lot of the nutrients.
4. A bagel with cream cheese. Do a HALF of a whole-wheat bagel, with avocado instead of cream cheese.
5. Pop-Tarts. Basically they're just sugar, so they might give you a jolt of energy but then you'll crash and be hungry again.
6. Flavored yogurt. Plain yogurt with some fruit in it is a good choice.
From Eat This, Not That! - The Worst Breakfast Foods for Weight Loss