A new OnePoll survey (commissioned by Groupon), 40% of us think our mom has FAKED a reaction to a Mother's Day gift, pretendeding to like something she really didn't like. The most common reaction to a bad gift is a simple "thank you."
The five most common fake reactions to a bad Mother's Day gift are saying:
- "Thank you"
- "I love it"
- "Wow, this is great"
- "I really NEED one of these"
Here are four more stats from the survey:
1. On average, we'll spend $75 on Mom this year and it seems middle children spend the most.
2. Two-thirds of us check with our siblings to see what they're getting Mom before we buy a gift. Then about half of those folks try to ONE-UP them.
3. The average person will write about 43 words in their Mother's Day card, which is like two or three sentences.
4. A card IS important. According to the survey, it's one of the top five things moms want to get this year.
The top five things they ACTUALLY want are something sentimental
- Lunch or dinner with their kids
- Something homemade
- A vacation
- And of course, a nice card
The takeaway of this survey? Don't skimp on your Momma.
From DigitalHub - Turns Out Your Mom May Not Love Your Presents, Study Finds