The website 24/7 Wall Street put together a list of the top 50 failed products of all time. Here are the top 10...
1. Google Glass, 2013.
2. The Newton, Apple's lame digital notepad from 1993
3. The Atari game "E.T. the Extra Terrestrial". They made 4 million copies... sold 1.5 million and buried the rest in a landfill in New Mexico
4. Burger King's "Satisfries" from 2013
5. Premier "smokeless cigarettes," 1988. They were kind of the first e-cigarettes, but people hated the taste. That was a BILLION DOLLAR blunder for R. J. Reynolds.
6. Cheetos Lip Balm, 2005.
7. The TV show "Terra Nova" from 2011. Fox spent over $50 million on it, including almost $20 million on the pilot alone. Then it got cancelled after 13 episodes.
8. "Touch of Yogurt" shampoo by Clairol, 1979. Some of the people even thought they were supposed to EAT it!
9. New Coke, 1985. Coca-Cola changed its recipe for the first time in 99 years, and it was NOT a good idea.
10. The Windows Vista operating system, 2007. It was the follow-up to Windows XP, and was super buggy. Dell offered it at first, but then went back to putting XP on its new laptops a couple months later.
Some other notable flops on the list include:
- Betamax cassette players, 1975
- LaserDiscs, 1978
- Crystal Pepsi, 1992
- Harley Davidson perfume, 1994
- Life Savers soda, 1995
- The Arch Deluxe at McDonald's, 1996
- the Sega Dreamcast, 1999
- the social media site Friendster, 2002
- Microsoft's "Zune" MP3 player, 2006
- Google-Plus, 2011
- and the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, which wouldn't stop exploding in people's ears back in 2016